We provide a Target Bonding service for when your application requires your sputtering target to be bonded to a strong compatible backing plate.
We also supply Backing Plates for this process.
The reliability of the bond between a sputtering target and backing plate is essential to ensure optimised performance.
Call us on +44 (0) 1827 259250 or contact us using the 'Request Quote' button above to fully discuss your target bonding requirements with one of our Technical Sales Executives.
- Avoids damage to targets through inadequate cooling
- Prolongs working life of target over a non-bonded target
- Potential to achieve faster sputtering rates when using high power input
- Consistently repeat thin film process parameters
- Has the best thermal conductivity of all available bonds
- Most materials can be indium bonded but there are a few exceptions
- Has higher temperature capability over indium bond.
- Recommended when customers consistently melt indium bonds.
- Idea for low melting point target materials, temperature sensitive compounds, low density or fragile targets
- Does not absorb any moisture and is more than suitable to handle cycles between vacuum and atmosphere.
- Economical, depending on application
- Thermal and electrical conductivity
Backing Plate Materials
- Customer drawings
- Backing Plate refurbishment
- Sputtering target stocking programs for quick turnaround on rebounded targets*
*By prior arrangement
Contact us to discuss your Target Bonding and Backing Plate requirements