Most of the cookies used do not collect personal information that identify a visitor. Some of the cookies are essential to allow the site to work properly and other are used by us to improve how the website works by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.
Where cookies do collect personal information, PI-KEM will not use this information for purposes which are not clear when you provide your details and will not disclose it to any other parties other than to the relevant authorities as requested.
- Cookies are files that are saved to your computer or mobile device using your internet browser, which allow websites to recognise a user’s device. They organise and store browsing information
- Cookies set by the PI-KEM website are referred to as "first-party cookies”. Other websites or services set cookies that run content on the page you are viewing such as Google Analytics
- Cookies also allow a website to remember you, and your browsing preferences, either for the duration of your visit using a "session cookie" or for repeat visits using a "persistent cookie".
To make full use of the PI-KEM website, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies. By using our website, you consent that we can place cookies on your device.
The cookies are used to:
• Ensure the site works as you would expect it to
• Help us improve our site based on insights from user visits
Data from our website is sent to your browser and is stored on your system.
Cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping basket and log in, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics to measure such things as how many people visit the site, how long they stay and what pages they visit. We do not use this information to identify individual visitors to the site.
First party cookies
First-party cookies are set by our website and they can only be read by that website. These cookies are essential so that the website works as expected during your visit. Make your experience on the web more efficient by recording your browsing activities, such as what pages and content you’ve looked at, when you visited, and what you searched for while visiting the website.
Session cookies are set when a user first loads a page and is crucial to the basic operation of the website. It is stored temporarily during the browsing session and is deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed or the cookie times out. It does not store any user information; it is used to maintain a unique link between the browser and the site for the purposes of information requests and session data.
We use some Performance Cookies to help us understand how people are using the website, so we can make it better.
Persistent cookie are saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. These cookies are used to save your preferences, they persist when you return to the website to improve the user experience.