The Specialist and Performance Coatings industry is a vital part of the global economy, providing high-tech coatings that are essential for a wide range of industries and applications. These coatings are designed to meet specific performance requirements, such as protection against corrosion, abrasion, wear and tear, as well as extreme temperatures and environmental conditions.
The industry is highly competitive, and companies are constantly innovating to develop new and improved products to meet commercial demands. Examples of specialist and performance coatings are:
- Corrosion-resistant: Protect metal surfaces from rust and other forms of corrosion
- Abrasion-resistant: Protect surfaces from wear and tear or particulate damage
- Chemical-resistant: Reducing the impact of exposure to harsh chemicals
- Heat-resistant: Minimise the effects of exposure to high temperatures
- Electrical-conductive: Create electrical pathways on surfaces