SCS Ionographs® are a series of industry-standard ionic contamination test systems manufactured by Specialty Coating Systems (SCS). These systems are used to measure the ionic contamination level of electronic assemblies, such as printed circuit boards (PCBs), bare boards, electronic assemblies, and components.
Ionic contamination can cause corrosion, product performance problems, electrical shorts, and other issues. SCS Ionographs are used to ensure that PCBs are clean enough to meet industry standards and prevent these problems.
PI-KEM is proud to have worked with SCS for over 25 years and to offer the SCS Ionograph® range. We offer a pre-despatch testing service and remote product set-up support after delivery, and supply the consumables required for the ionographs to remain operational.
SCS Ionographs are used in a variety of industries, including:
- Electronics manufacturing
- Medical devices
SCS Ionographs use dynamic extraction to measure ionic contamination, submerging a PCB in an ultra-pure test solution and measuring the change in resistivity of the solution over time. The degree of change in resistivity indicates the level of contamination on the PCB.
SCS offer four models:
- Ionograph SMD V: A floor-standing unit that is used for testing large PCBs. It has a heated test solution that can accelerate the ionic extraction process and offers four tank sizes
- Ionograph BT Small Parts (SP): A bench-top unit used for testing small PCBs
- Ionograph BT Medium Parts (MP): A bench-top unit used for testing medium-sized PCBs
- Ionograph BT Large Parts (LP): A bench-top unit used for testing large PCBs
For full specifications click here
- Accuracy: Provide consistent, reliable results
- Versatility: Can be used to test a wide variety of electronic assemblies
- Ease of use: Easy to use and operate
- Compliance: Compliant with industry standards
- Increased productivity: Produce immediate results with no need for additional laboratory testing
- Cost effective: Identify issues quickly so reducing scrap and rework
- Bench top and floor-standing models
- Low to high throughput
- Integrated heated bath option
- Range of test cell sizes
- All provided with software and PC
Most kept on stock for immediate despatch
- Deionisation (DI) Columns
- Test Fluid (75% IPA 25% DI Water)
- Standardising solutions
- Pipettes and bulbs
- Conductivity sensor
Consumables for the SCS Omegameter also available