Chillers and heated bath systems are used to maintain precise temperature control, which is critical for running many processes involved in material based science. Examples include the study of temperature change on material properties, optimising experimental conditions and altering the speed of new material synthesis.
PI-KEM, in partnership with MTI, offer a range of CE certified chillers and heated bath systems.
Click here for the full MTI range
Chillers are used to eliminate scale build-up, sewerage costs and tap water cooling expenses.
- Variable rate of cooling volume from 9 litre/min to 133 litre/min
- Digital control
- Adjustable temperature ranges and pressure
- Connectivity to other equipment e.g., furnaces, ovens, sputter coaters and other lab equipment requiring water cooling
- Low energy options using forced air
- Built in refrigerating machines
- Open tank or closed loop
- Portable, desk-top and floor standing models
- Quiet operating noise
- Natural cooling, low running cost models with outdoor running options
Heated Bath System
Used to provide controlled heated fluid for application including jacketed reactors, chemical pilot reactions, high-temperature distillation, and semiconductor research.
- 5-30 litre capacity
- Heating range from ambient to 300oC
- Temperature controllable to 0.01oC
- Use with pure water or methyl silicone oil (Lab-scale dry baths also available)
- Can be connected to external PC for automated control
- Magnetic stirrer add-on
- Height-adjustable loading platform
Rotary Evaporating & Distilling System
Used for the removal of solvents from samples in chemical research.
- Heating bath controllable to 180oC
- Vertical or diagonal condenser
- Speed range from 0 to 120 rpm
- Digitally controlled speed and temperature
- Oilless pump and chiller included